Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ahoy!

Yesterday, Chris brought home "Marshmallow Mateys." It's basically generic Lucky Charms in a bag, but it's very fun to throw into conversation. "Boy, I could really use some Marshmallow Mateys right now." "Are there any more Marshmallow Mateys left?" "I can't wait to get home and devour a great big bowl of Marshmallow Mateys."

Try it at home. You don't even have to have Marshmallow Mateys on the premises in order to toss the name into casual conversation. Trust me, much hilarity will ensue.

8 Comments:

Blogger katy said...

Aaaarrrgghh!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Aye, matey!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

well, shiver me timbers and call me davy jones. just the other day i wasn't thinking about marshmellow mateys at all, but i've eaten them before. i always put on my peg leg when i eat them, though. i don't feel as if i enjoy the matey goodness if i don't.

9:30 PM  
Blogger katy said...

They have a pirate translator widget. It takes your sentence and rewrites it in pirate-ese. I'm thinking of dowloading it.

Good times.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Argh! Cast yar anchor starboard. Thar's a bad wind coming portside!

I'm pretty sure this is how pirates talk. Especially the "bad wind" part...

6:44 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Did Chris buy you as big a bag of Marshmallow Mateys as he did popcorn for himself (and his mother-in-law who truly appreciates his popcorn)?

4:37 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Alas, it was a much smaller bag, and Chris finished them off last night. I made him walk the plank.

12:40 PM  
Blogger katy said...

lol. that was funny!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home