Saturday, December 24, 2005

THE QUINTATHALON

Whenever my sister and I get together at my parents' house, we have our quintathalon (or triathalon or quadrathalon, depending on what my parents have added to their collection). It's very exciting. You see, as soon as my sister and I moved out of the house, my parents decided to get all this cool stuff in their basement. I don't know if this was meant to lure us back home or just to taunt us. So, now they have an awesome air hockey table, pool table, foos ball table, PS2 with DDR, and a talking dart board.
So, of course, Katy and I just have to compete. Each event is won by 2 out of 3 games, so it takes forever. Whoever wins the quintathalon receives the satisfaction of knowing that they won the quintathalon. It's very prestigious.
I will keep you updated after Christmas, because I know you all will be anxiously awaiting the results.
Oh, yeah, my parents also got a hot tub after we left. It's not one of the events, obviously, but where was all this stuff when I was living at home?

10 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

OK. I must defend myself!! First of all, we couldn't afford any of that neat stuff when you girls were home because we had to pay for prom dresses, senior pictures, band instruments and college!! Second of all, what do Dad and I have to do now that you're gone! :)

8:33 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I forgot to mention that Mom is a single-event competitor, as well. When it comes to DDR, she puts both of us to shame. I'll try to take a movie of it and post it later. You will be amazed.

8:38 AM  
Blogger katy said...

you also forgot to mention that we do an award ceremony after we are finished. The winner stands on a stool and we hum some sort of victorious song while the loser brings the winner all of the instruments from the games they won - pool cue, foosball, dart, air hockey...paddle thing. It is quite a sight. I think we both desperately need hobbies!

I am so ready to kick your butt, by the way...

9:12 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I completely forgot about The Ceremony. I will be gracious to you and not make you carry all of those things at once, as you hand them to me.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I'm staying totally neutral!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

i want to compete! blast that trasporter for being broken. BLAAAAST!

12:04 PM  
Blogger katy said...

Yeah. Get that fixed, Becca. I really could have used your help folding laundry the other night!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

i know! and i was really wanting some milk and cookies. i'm really missing out lately...sheesh.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

we're going to need an update on who the winners were and in what catagories...so i can live vicariously through you.

2:01 PM  
Blogger revkev said...

All Right, I have the perfect answer for this one. If your parents would have had all that stuff when you were at home, none of your guy friends would have ever gone home. Heck I would have moved in. And by the way, we were there late enough as it was. Sure do miss those days.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home